Update on shared (standard) Plone hostingAfter trying to upgrade a number of Plone sites from 2.0.5 to Plone 2.1.1 we've realized that it's easier for our customers if we create another shared Zope where Plone 2.1.1 is running.
This means that the existing sites will continue to run as expected, and those two wish to upgrade to Plone 2.1.1 can do so, by contacting us and asking for an account on the new shared Zope. :)
[Permalink] [By morphex] [Plone upgrade (Atom feed)] [15 Nov 06:22 GMT+2]
Plone upgrade postponedDue to a number of Plone websites where the migrations have failed we're postponing the migration by at least one week. For those of you who were eager to get started with Plone 2.1 we apologize and we'll get this done as soon as possible.
New date for migration will be posted later.
[Permalink] [By morphex] [Plone upgrade (Atom feed)] [31 Oct 13:12 GMT+2]
Plone upgradeWe're upgrading our shared Zope from Plone 2.0.5 to Plone 2.1 on the 31st of October, at 15:00 CET.
From experience, we know that products will break after migration from 2.0.5 to 2.1 so for some of you, it would be a good idea to upgrade from Standard to Plus, so you can upgrade Plone when it suits you.
We'll do our best to make the transition go smoothly and will be spending the entire evening (and possibly night) making sure Plone sites are running as smoothly as possible, but we can't make any guarantees, so again, upgrading to Plus is a good idea, if it is critical that your site runs well at all times.
[Permalink] [By morphex] [Shared Zope (Atom feed)] [18 Oct 23:10 GMT+2]