Nidelven IT - All about Python, Zope & Plone - and Open Source!

Here you'll find issues related to our services. Mostly about Python, Zope and Plone, as well as hosting-related issues.

"Keeping IT real"

Older entries

Atom - Subscribe - Categories
Previous | Next

Company website upgrade, day 2&3

So, today I continue on upgrading our company website. We have an internally developed product for simple "page" management, you can add pages, within that page add new pages, images or files. That product will probably released sooner rather than later BTW, probably under the Products.CustomPages name.

Working with the pages product raised the following traceback:

2012-12-19 13:05:03 ERROR portlets Error while determining renderer availability of portlet ('context' '/shared/cop/nidelven/plone' u'navigation'): Object pa-norsk was not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.portlets-2.1-py2.7.egg/plone/portlets/", line 117, in _lazyLoadPortlets
    isAvailable = renderer.available
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/", line 135, in available
    tree = self.getNavTree()
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.memoize-1.1.1-py2.7.egg/plone/memoize/", line 51, in memogetter
    val=func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/", line 204, in getNavTree
    return buildFolderTree(context, obj=context, query=queryBuilder(), strategy=strategy)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/", line 186, in buildFolderTree
    results = portal_catalog.searchResults(query)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.LinguaPlone-4.1.2-py2.7.egg/Products/LinguaPlone/", line 34, in searchResults
    return self.__lp_old_searchResults(REQUEST, **kw)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-", line 428, in searchResults
    return ZCatalog.searchResults(self, REQUEST, **kw)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.ZCatalog-2.13.23-py2.7.egg/Products/ZCatalog/", line 604, in searchResults
    return self._catalog.searchResults(REQUEST, used, **kw)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.ZCatalog-2.13.23-py2.7.egg/Products/ZCatalog/", line 907, in searchResults
    return, sort_index, reverse, sort_limit, _merge)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.ZCatalog-2.13.23-py2.7.egg/Products/ZCatalog/", line 656, in search
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.ZCatalog-2.13.23-py2.7.egg/Products/ZCatalog/", line 676, in sortResults
    index_key_map = sort_index.documentToKeyMap()
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/", line 104, in documentToKeyMap
    pos[rid] = container.getObjectPosition(id)
  File "/home/nitwww/plone/instance/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.Archetypes-1.8.3-py2.7.egg/Products/Archetypes/", line 56, in getObjectPosition
    raise NotFound, 'Object %s was not found' % str(id)
NotFound: Object pa-norsk was not found

This error occurred after I changed the language from Neutral to Norwegian - so as I thought, a portal_catalog clear and reindex operation fixed that issue.

On to day 3.. been trying different themes and it is easy to mess up things, but found, finally, that beyondsskins.responsive could be used. Spent a bit of the day tracking down a bug where portlets were rendered downwards in the middle of the page, and tracked that back to malformed HTML that somehow got past the HTML-parsing engine.

Worked a bit on the Products.CustomPages product (not published yet), putting it into an egg directory structure and adding some features.

So, back to theming. The responsive skin is nice, but the columns weren't covering the whole page as they should. Tried setting width for columns in the responsive CSS - that didn't work. Looked through the HTML code, and found that a CSS file from the drupal theme was referenced. Scratched my head a bit about that one on how to remove it and thought "Aha!" - I can just remove it from the entire setup (using buildout).

I have used the responsive skin earlier when I needed a quick fix for my soccer team. One of the changes made there was that I converted the header image from png to jpg and chose a relatively low quality - making the page much faster to load.

So here I was looking on that the design and that the logo is too small. Yesterday I was working with the Drupal theme, but now I needed a somewhat bigger logo. So I did an undo on the logo.png file, downloaded it into the static theme folder on the FS, adjusted the bg.jpg in the responsive package to blend the colors better with the header (using GIMP, background and radient fill - taking the color from the edge of the header image), and then undid the undo on logo.jpg to have that ready for the Drupal theme.

OK. That's enough I think, time to relax a bit after working hard. :)

Stay tuned for the continued upgrade saga. [;]

[Permalink] [By morphex] [Python, Zope, Plone - and anything loosely related to that (Atom feed)] [2012 19 Dec 11:30 GMT+2]

Add comment (text format)


A passphrase is required to comment on this weblog. It is required to make sure that bots aren't doing automatic spamming. It is: nit is the best!.