The site is somewhat old, so I tried different X-UA-Compatible headers..
After trying different settings, main_template has been customized and modified to include a junk define statement which sets the HTTP response header
tal:define="lang language; xyz python:request.RESPONSE.setHeader('X-UA-Compatible', 'IE=edge')"
and things work swimmingly well. I tried looking at the jquery package (this is a rather old setup) and it was 1.1.2. Bumping it to 1.1.4 did not fix anything.
I don't know how this works with other browsers, but seems obvious to me that this is a good way to deal with standards-in-motion and frequent browser updates.
[Permalink] [By morphex] [Python, Zope, Plone - and anything loosely related to that (Atom feed)] [2012 15 Mar 13:07 GMT+2]
Modern Plone versions do this for you
By: Alex Limi
Just wanted to note that any modern (4.x) version of Plone will do this for you automatically, unless I'm mis-remembering.
And chrome frame too
By: Morten W. Petersen
Yeah, OK. I see that's in the github repository's main_template yes. I also read up on chrome=1 now, and that's a great feature.. now I feel a bit more optimistic! :)